- Churches United for the Homeless (CUFH) was incorporated in October of 1987 by local churches. Participation in faith-based activities is completely optional for residents.
- Over 60 member congregations support us.
- CUFH relies on its faith community partners for prayer, donations, and volunteers to meet its mission of providing shelter and support in a spiritual setting.
- CUFH provides shelter, support, and case management services for men, women, and families.
- Embracing “Housing First” principles, we strive to move residents from the shelter to stable housing as quickly as possible.
- CUFH works to address the root cause of homelessness by increasing incomes and connecting residents to community services with a goal of increasing housing stability and preventing a return to shelter.
- Open to the public daily, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm, the Community Center offers free hot meals daily, a free Community Bread Shelf; and, access to a Shelter Nurse for information and referrals.
Permanent Supportive Housing:
- CUFH has just opened the Bright Sky Apartments (BSA) in Moorhead.
- BSA provides 43 units of permanent supportive housing for adults and families.
- Supportive services at BSA include: rental assistance, case management and referral, and support and empowerment groups.
- Our Grand Opening Celebration is coming up on Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 at 9am!
- The mission of CUFH is defined and guided by our General Membership.
- The General Membership is comprised of representatives from each of our member churches and provides input to the Board of Directors.
- The General Membership elects the Board of Directors.
- Day-to-day work of the organization is done by a team of 37 remarkable and compassionate people, who exhibit an unparalleled degree of integrity and professionalism.
- CUFH relies heavily on the support of community volunteers to accomplish its mission. Over 3,300 volunteers from the community provide over 10,000 hours of volunteer work throughout the year valued at over $205,000.