Posting opened 7/28/18 – Posting closes 8/12/18
Part Time Front Office Support Job Description
Churches United for the Homeless (CUFH) provides shelter and housing for men, women, and families experiencing homelessness in the Fargo-Moorhead area. CUFH works to address the root cause of homelessness by increasing incomes and connecting residents to community services with a goal of increasing housing stability and preventing a return to shelter. A coalition of nearly 60 member congregations, Churches United relies heavily on its faith community partners for prayer, donations, and volunteers and to meet its mission of providing shelter and support in a spiritual setting; however, participation in faith-based activities is completely optional for residents.
Submit resume and letter of interest to churchesunitedHR@gmail.com or Churches United for the Homeless, 1901 1st Avenue North, Moorhead, MN 56560.
MISSION Provide shelter and support in a spiritual setting.
VALUES Integrity. We are accountable, open, and transparent in our words and actions.
Empowerment. We empower people in all of our work – with clients, member churches, and each other.
Compassion. We love and feel together, to genuinely understand, and to ease suffering. We treat others with care and concern, without casting judgment.
Teamwork. We work together – with our clients, our member churches, and each other – toward shared goals.
Respect. We recognize the value and worth of each person as a unique being, with unique gifts and contributions.
This positions schedule will include every other weekend & 1-2 evenings per week
Bright Sky / Churches United for the Homeless (CUFH) provides shelter, support, and case management services for men, women, and families. Embracing Housing First principles, we strive to move guests from the shelter to stable housing as quickly as possible. Front desk staff at Bright Sky will assist in logging notes for case worker review. They will assist participants with questions and filling out documents as needed. Staff will work to de-escalate potential conflicts. The daytime front desk/service coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the front desk entrance area and assisting participants with basic daily needs. A front desk/service coordinator will be on-site at Bright Sky apartments from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. every day. The position will be staffed by more than one individual.
- Monitoring all persons entering and exiting Bright Sky apartments, including observation of the security camera system;
- Allowing access to the building to participants and their eligible visitors;
- Answering general inquiry calls to the Bright Sky apartments property and answering basic application questions;
- Taking work orders from participants and staff when FHRA staff are not present;
- Issuing laundry tokens, bus tokens and passes, etc. to eligible participants;
- Answering participant questions and addressing concerns;
- Referring participants to appropriate community resources;
- Assisting the Bright Sky Case Manager/Services Coordinator as directed;
- Collecting participant data needed for Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) entry and providing data to Bright Sky and property manager; and
- Participating in weekly meetings with service coordinator, Bright Sky, and property manager to discuss specific building and property concerns.
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to individual struggles with homelessness, poverty, substance abuse, mental illness, and criminal records.
- Knowledge of harm reduction, strength-based, and behavior-based models.
- Preferred- minimum of 2 years applicable experience preferably in social service setting with people in crisis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to churchesunitedHR@gmail.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check.
Thank you for your interest in working at Churches United for the Homeless. Please check back frequently for employment postings.
Please e-mail a resume to email@example.com or drop off a resume at Churches United for the Homeless at 1901 1 Ave. N. Moorhead to be considered for this position. Once we start the interview process, you will be required to complete a full application with references.
Churches United for the Homeless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Churches United for the Homeless complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Churches United for the Homeless expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Churches United for the Homeless employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.